If you are looking for ramblings and musings you will probably not find them here. My desire is to share photos and paintings that I have either taken or created, or those of others that have inspired me. I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

My paintings and garden can be viewed in the slideshows -- right column, down just a bit. Click anywhere on the slideshows to view larger.

Click on any photo [left column] to view larger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, January 16, 2009

Andrew Wyeth ~ (1917 - 2009)

Master Bedroom - (1965)
One of the greatest American artists passed away today. I loved Wyeth's work and was fortunate to see many of his paintings. I have always said that he had a gift that no other watercolor artist possessed -- the ability to create masterpieces out of mud. He left the world a beautiful body of work.

3 comments:

Patty Henderson said...

I agree, Deb. He was a wonderful artist and will be missed. One of my favourites as well.

Deb Townsend said...

Thanks for posting this Deb. He's one of my very favorites.

Shannon Ragland Lake said...

If you are a Wyeth lover, you will enjoy this (I love this book!):
http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Wyeth-Memory-Anne-Knutson/dp/0847827712