If you are looking for ramblings and musings you will probably not find them here. My desire is to share photos and paintings that I have either taken or created, or those of others that have inspired me. I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

My paintings and garden can be viewed in the slideshows -- right column, down just a bit. Click anywhere on the slideshows to view larger.

Click on any photo [left column] to view larger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pierre Bonnard

My first love in art is French Impressionalism with a particular fondness for Les Nabis and the Fauvists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a joy to see work by Pierre Bonnard and Édouard Vuillard. I am a fan for Charles Reid and he points back to Manet and to Bonnard before him as being a big influence.

Strong local colour, design and pattern being more influential than 3D presentation. One might expect such work to appear primitive but of course in the hands of a master the opposite is the case.