If you are looking for ramblings and musings you will probably not find them here. My desire is to share photos and paintings that I have either taken or created, or those of others that have inspired me. I hope you enjoy your time spent here.

My paintings and garden can be viewed in the slideshows -- right column, down just a bit. Click anywhere on the slideshows to view larger.

Click on any photo [left column] to view larger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Birth of a Painting

My most beloved tree (American Cranberry [Viburnum] ) in my garden just finished blooming. It was spectacular this year and I can only imagine the thousands of berries that will be on it for the winter.

If all goes well, each of those smaller inside flowers will end up as a bright red berry, which for the most part smell like stinky shoes and taste downright disgusting. Fortunately, the cedar waxwings love them and devour the entire batch in the Spring. They certainly are an inspiration for me to break out the watercolors. Below is a small study I did several years ago.

American Cranberry
Watercolor

1 comment:

Sandy Maudlin said...

The love you have for this viburnaum shows in the painting. How delicious!