I have not painted in nearly a year and it has reached a point where I was almost afraid to pick up a brush again. I fear I have lost so much not only in the proficiency of line drawing but even things that used to be second nature such as mixing colors and the property of pigments. On my way to put in a load of laundry this morning I got sidetracked in my studio and this is what I ended up with. It looks like a woman waiting, or maybe it's just an updated version of Whistler's Mother -- totally random and unintended.Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Waiting
I have not painted in nearly a year and it has reached a point where I was almost afraid to pick up a brush again. I fear I have lost so much not only in the proficiency of line drawing but even things that used to be second nature such as mixing colors and the property of pigments. On my way to put in a load of laundry this morning I got sidetracked in my studio and this is what I ended up with. It looks like a woman waiting, or maybe it's just an updated version of Whistler's Mother -- totally random and unintended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Nice to see you putting some color out there! The world needs more of your work out there. Away for a year?? Doesn't show! Nice to see you having some fun! :)
What a tresure to find your blog with your creative art. I'll be back to visit often. Whistler's mom must be so enjoying your gorgeous colors!
ahhhhh....burst of color....hope that got the ball rolling....
Lauren
Post a Comment